Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Poems

We are doing poetry in my creative writing class.  It is kinda fun.

Here is a sonnet about dogs.

Dogs
I hate to say I like them
They are most annoying and gross
I am sure my feelings stem
From what they do the most
Poop – how I hate disgusting poop
It is always on my shoe
It makes a big and smelly gloop
That can be overlooked by few
Regretfully I must admit
That I am one of those
One in the house, it is a bit
Silly that I choose
One in the front and one in the back
Plenty of dogs I do not lack.



Never done

Brown and brittle are the beans of yesterday
Into the compost they go – the scent is nothing in the cool of the winter days.
And, yet, the earth does it work

The lettuce barely a trace of what it will be
The pots of pretty petunias are empty – replaced by the perky faces of pansies
The earth’s work is never done.

Herbs flourish – the dill prepares for the summer days of cucumber
Half frozen leaves of tall cannas make home for a spider
Earth moves always round.

No comments:

Post a Comment